I remember Daddy's hands, folded silently in prayer.
And reaching out to hold me, when I had a nightmare.
You could read quite a story, in the callouses and lines.
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.
I remember Daddy's hands, how they held my Mama tight,
And patted my back, for something done right.
There are things that I've forgotten, that I loved about the man,
But I'll always remember the love in Daddy's hands.
~Holly Dunn
This song has forever reminded me of "my daddy" and as I looked at the story that came to life through these photographs I knew that it was absolutely appropriate. I hope that in 30 years when Norah Grace looks back at these she treasures them as much as I do sitting here today. I pray that she will come to know and love her {grand}daddy for the kind, loving, and ever-giving man that he is but even more than that I pray that she will grow and develop the absolute love and affect for her daddy that I have for mine.








i love that song as well holly!! and great pics!! uncle walt looks content as ever with his new graddaughter!! soo precious, the moments captured in those photos!!
ReplyDeletethis brought tears to my eyes!! there is nothing like a daddy's love :-) great pictures. love you and can't wait to meet miss norah grace!!!! she's beautiful like her mommy :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures of your father and Norah Grace....I hope and know that Rolf will be an incredible Dad like yours. A very tough act to follow but from your lips to God's ears...
ReplyDeleteLove to all Mary Anne
you made me cry!!! Sooo precious.
ReplyDeleteReally, really nice series, Holly! I so envy your photog skills. You and Norah Grace will treasure those pictures when she's older.
ReplyDelete