Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God Bless the U.S.A

"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me." Lee Greenwood

There are few things more American than family, baseball and fireworks, right? So with Aunt Laura in town and in honor and celebration of this great nation we decided to brave the heat and we went to a Washington Nationals game, they just happened to be playing our beloved Bucs (the Pittsburgh Pirates) right here in DC. We are having a great time taking advantage of all the fun things living in a major city has to offer and in my opinion there is no better city in the country to celebrate the birthday of our country than right here in our Nation's Capital. This year we returned to one of our favorite spots overlooking the city to watch the "A Capitol 4th" fireworks with some great friends. 4th of July in DC is definitely something worth experiencing. Let us know if you are every interested in celebrating with us!   



This little boy love the metro!

This does not do the fireworks or our view justice! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we should get my daddy to washington DC one year for his birthday, since it is july 4th :) great post!

    ReplyDelete