I have seen this done year after year on various blogs that I follow and always thought "hey I should do that" but never carried through with the idea and there in lies my problem and the reason for MY "Word of the Year"! At first I thought my word would be finish but something about that just wasn't sitting right with me. If I am going to stick with this word the entire year I needed it to be more positive and that is how I ended up with accomplish.
If you ask my husband, I am never at a loss for great ideas but bring most of those great ideas to completion well that is a problem....just take a look around my house. I normally have the motivation and creative genius to get a project started but somewhere along the way I loose sight of my goal, I get bored, I come up with something better more creative, I get tired or I get sidetracked, and in the end I normally get frustrated and so do my loved ones. So in an early attempt to avoid marriage counseling (just kidding, it's not that bad yet) I am making this my word of the year. I am making myself accountable for the currently "un-accomplished" projects I have laying around and those things I plan on taking on this year.
I have a lot of things that I would like to accomplish this year personally, professionally, spiritually, physically, and creatively. I am going to start my list here, for the world to see (or at least the handful of you that still read our blog, "hi mom")! As I move through this list, accomplishing things, checking them off, and adding new ones I pray that God will more clearly reveal his plan to me for my life and the life of my family. I pray that I may accomplish tasks both great and small that bring Him glory daily and that I will be a model to my children of the importance of finishing what they start.
My List
- Train for & finish a half marathon
- Finish "Liam's First Year" Album
- Start & finish "Norah Grace's First Year" Album
- Start, maintain, & finish a "Project 52" photography blog
- Finish loosing the baby weight I gained with Norah Grace
- Go on vacation with our amazing friends, the Lees!
- Read at least one book a month
- Get 8 hours of sleep at least one night a week
- Spend at least one weekend with my Ginas
- Go on a date night at least once a month with just my husband
- Teach Liam all of the letters of the alphabet
stay tuned....

Love this idea (and yes, we still read your blog and love it). Can't wait to see and rejoice in all of your accomplishments. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteLove it and I love your list of future accomplishments! I am especially excited about bullet number 6 :)
ReplyDelete