"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go." ~ The Wonder Years
Being stuck in your comfort zone is easy. The challenge is change. Fear of the unknown is a powerful thing and it can hold us back when what we need to be doing is moving forward, moving on. Sometimes we must accept that it is better to let go and accept the change ahead. Over the last few days, weeks, and months I have truly been struggling with letting go on a daily basis. I am struggling with letting go of Liam as my sweet baby boy, letting go of our comfortable "normal" family life, and most recently, letting go of being pregnant (I truly love being pregnant). I absolutely can not wait to welcome this new life into the world but I also realize that in order to do that I must let go and let God.
As I have been struggling with this over the last few days I have found the following scriptures that have brought me comfort:
There is an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on Earth. ~Ecclesiastes 3: 1
Whatever was, is. Whatever will be, is. That's how it always is with God. ~Ecclesiastes 3:15
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord. ~1 Samuel 1:27-28
My prayer as I move into this 41st week of being pregnant is that I may allow myself to let go and let God and in doing that we will be able to welcome this new amazing little one into the world. I know that God has amazing plans for our family and that as with everything in life change is inevitable and the easiest thing we can do is embrace it.
No comments:
Post a Comment