Thursday, November 6, 2008

10 out of 10

Today we had another appointment at CHOP for a biophysical profile (BPP) and a non-stress test. We are now going in for these 2 tests twice a week. The baby passed both with flying colors. He scored a 10 out of 10 on his BPP, which means that he was moving all over the place, had plenty of amniotic fluid, was breathing well, and had good muscle tone. He also had great heart tones when he was on the monitor for the non-stress test. They were looking to make sure that when was moving his heart rate would go up and it did when they were finally able to get him to wake up.

Rolf and I were also able to meet another one of the midwives that could possibly be there when we are in labor. CHOP has 8 midwives on staff in addition to the team of MFMs and OBs. We feel very comfortable with everyone that we have met so far in the Special Deliver Unit and feel very blessed to have such an amazing place to give birth during such a hard time.

As for our adventures around the city, we tried to take it easy today. After the doctors appointment we went to an Aveda Institute (beauty school) for what was advertised on TV as beauty on a budget. Last night while watching the local news they ran a spot called "Beauty on a Budget", which talked about a couple of the local training institutes that offer low priced beauty treatments by students. I talked Rolf into giving it a try since he needed a haircut and I wanted a pedicure. We walked right in and while I enjoyed a great spa pedicure for super cheap Rolf struggled through a haircut with someone who must have been new. Needless to say my husband who doesn't have a complicated haircut (buzz cut with a #2) and isn't picking about where he gets it cut (normally Haircuttery) was very disappointed and will probably be heading back to Haircuttery next time! Oh well, it was worth a try and at least he got a bag of Aveda samples for me to use in the hotel.

After dinner, we ventured to South Philly for Italian at L'Angolo on the recommendation of our friends from Philly the Gugger's. This place was totally amazing and we would recommend it to any and everyone. We went early and were very lucky to get a table even on a Thursday night. We enjoyed some of the most amazing authentic Italian food and hope to make it back sometime during our stay. After that and since we were already down in South Philly we drove by Pat's and Geno's just to check them out, I am sure we will be venturing back down there for a cheesesteak before too long.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys! It sounds like you are having fun up there exploring! I know how hard it is to play "the waiting game"! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well so far! I hope and pray that that is the way that things will continue to be for you and Baby G! I can't believe it's almost time for him to be here! I can't wait to find out his name!! Stay strong! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely praying for you all and the little one. Please keep us updated through the blog. We can't wait to meet little Graning.

    Love to you both
    Julie Phillips

    ReplyDelete