Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Date Night with My Boys

Last Friday Rolf had the entire day off and we spent it playing outside and enjoying being a family. That afternoon we went for a picnic lunch and a hike, as Rolf likes to call it (I would call it a walk since it is totally flat here) and even Sadie was invited along. Unfortunately there are no pictures from that little adventure as the camera died on the way :-(. After a good long nap we headed out for an early dinner.

I was one lucky lady, getting to go out on a date with my two favorite boys to one of my favorite restaurants. It is interesting go out to dinner with the early crowd - old folks and families! Before having kids, I said "we will never go out to dinner at 5:30, that is crazy!" Well....insert foot in mouth...because we are totally those people heading out to dinner for the early bird special. However, I will sacrifice eating dinner with all of the cool kids any day to have an enjoyable dinner with my sweet little guy while he is still "sweet"! Rolf and I even got to both enjoy a drink while keeping Liam ever so entertained with the guacamole!


Yummy, yummy in my tummy, tummy!
(Can't wait to visit my friends in Texas, I heard they have lots of this down there!!)

After dinner we headed for dessert at Rita's Ice just down the street. This was Liam's first taste of Italian ice and he couldn't get enough of it! He is really looking forward to our trip to Italy in just a couple of weeks and hopes to find more of this delicious dessert!


Hanging out with mommy after dinner.

Doing tricks with Daddy!
(This absolutely drives me crazy, I am so scared he is going to drop him.)

My boys...

3 comments:

  1. So sweet..I love looking at your pictures. You sure do have one handsome little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT...ITALY!!! You are just the traveling queen. Can't wait to see you when you come to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love the one of you and Liam- those momma pictures are the best since they rarely ever happen!

    And oh yes, we will be sure to have lots of guac available for Liam! That is if Rylie and Reagan will share :)

    ReplyDelete