Sunday, November 16, 2008

Still Waiting....

Another weekend has come and gone and our little man has still not decided to join us yet. We had a great weekend visiting with friends and family but are really starting to grow restless as the days tick down, especially me!

On Saturday, I spent the day hanging out with my friend Julie who came down to visit from Boston after working for a couple of days in NYC. Kindl, another friend from UNC who is in law school at UPENN took us out to brunch at this great little place called Sabrina's Cafe at the Italian Market in South Philly. After that we got a pedicure, ran some errands, and hung out and watched the UNC v. Maryland football game. Rolf spent the day hanging out with his mama in the city. They explored Mary Anne's old stomping grounds in West Philly from when she was in medical school at UPENN and then ventured into the Philadelphia Art Museum for lunch and to see a few of the exhibits.

Today, Rolf's Aunt Rachel and Uncle Harald came up from Baltimore to visit for the afternoon. We took a nice drive around the city showing them all of the sites and then ventured back down to South Philly for brunch at Sabrina's again! I know I just ate there yesterday but you can never get too much of a good thing and this place is seriously good!! Thanks Juls and Kindl for introducing us to such a great place, everyone loved it! After lunch we decided we need to walk it off and of course since we are still trying to naturally induce labor we headed back into Fairmount Park for another hike. Fall has really hit the Philly area and winter is close behind (possible snow flurries this week) so we took a very brisk walk and then hopped back in the car to warm up.

Please continue to pray for patience for us as we wait on our little one. I am really praying that I go into labor naturally in the next couple of days but also know that God has a plan for this little guy and that he will come when he is ready or on Wednesday. Please especially pray for all of the doctors that will be taking care of both me and the baby in the next couple of days. Pray that they will have clarity in whatever situation may present itself upon deliver and that Rolf and I will have the faith, peace, and understanding needed for each moment.

We have another appointment tomorrow afternoon so stay tuned for updates....

1 comment:

  1. It was SO great to see you this weekend Hol! You seriously are the cutest pregnant lady I've ever laid eyes on...and I loved being able to spend some time with you. I will be praying for you, Baby G, Rolf and all the medical staff taking care of your sweet boy. I love you!

    ReplyDelete