Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas at Mimi & Papa's House

This Christmas Rolf was able to take an entire week of leave and we were blessed to be able to spend time with both of our families. We started off our Christmas vacation with four days in Lumberton to celebrate Christmas and my birthday with my family. Everyone was able to make it in for an early Christmas celebration, even Laura who was in the middle of law school exams (thanks Lu) was able to come down for one night. We celebrated on the Saturday before Christmas with our traditional Christmas meal complete with my dad's famous ertzner buns which was a very special and unexpected treat. After dinner we opened presents or I should say Liam and Ian opened presents. Ian had a great time showing Liam how to best to open presents and Liam had a great time playing with all of the wrapping paper and the tissue paper. After opening presents and getting Liam to bed we celebrated my birthday with my favorite coconut cake for dessert. The next morning we all made it to church on time (which is a miracle in itself) and were able to do the advent reading and light the advent candles as a family.

I didn't take near enough pictures of our time in Lumberton but here are a few:












3 comments:

  1. What a great time! I am so glad you were all able to be together- a beautiful cake I must add too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just going through the new posts and I have to mention that you know it is a great Christmas when it takes 14 blog posts just to cover the highlights! :)

    ReplyDelete