Once Mary Anne was home we opened more presents! What? More presents, seriously, looking back on it we sure did open a lot of presents! We are truly blessed! Mary Anne and George did stockings for all of their children and "children-in-law" and then all of the "kids" did stockings for all of the adults. It was really a lot of fun trying to figure out creative gifts that would fit in a stocking. Dode and Doda who also joined us for Christmas this year were the ones that truly spoiled us all especially their grand-nephews.
After we opened presents we all enjoyed another wonderful meal together and then as we cleaned up some people gathered around the piano to sing Christmas carols. I bet you might recognize that guy playing the piano! Finally to cap off the evening, we celebrated my birthday with a wonderful rendition of Happy Birthday, my favorite pecan pie and ice cream for dessert, and some really great birthday presents!
In my 29 years this was only the second time I have celebrated Christmas or my birthday away from my birth family and although I still missed them very much you all made it great! Thank you everyone for making it such a special and memorable Christmas and birthday. I love joining in on old traditions and seeing how new traditions are starting as our family grows. God has truly blessed me and I am so thankful for each and everyone of you.





What a special Christmas and Birthday- those Granings know how to do it. The food alone sounds amazing so the idea of gifts and fun with family on top... wow! I love to see Rolf tickling the ivories :) but have to wonder if Liam's expression is a reflection of his Dad's skills...?
ReplyDelete