Monday, January 4, 2010

A Traditional Norwegian Christmas Eve Dinner


On Christmas Eve we attended the Children's Mass and then came home to celebrate Christmas Eve with a traditional Norwegian Christmas dinner. A traditional Norwegian Christmas dinner in the Graning house consist of Rumagrit (a sweet rice pudding), Norwegian Christmas cookies (all with funny names), and lots of chocolate. I know you are probably thinking I skipped what we had for dinner and went straight to dessert but nope that is actually what we ate for dinner. We had appetizers before dinner with all of the savory stuff like meatballs, spinach dip, cheese and crackers, crab dip, and lots of other stuff. I mean really everyone deserves to eat like this at least once a year, right?

After dinner we did our "Secret Santa"gift exchange with all of the kids and significant others. It ended up being really fun this year because some how all of the guys drew guys names and all of the girls drew girls names. It is supposed to be a random drawing but I would like to know the odds of that really happening randomly. As we gave our gift we each said something about the person we were giving the gift to which made it about so much more than just the gift.

Here are some pics from the night:




Uncle Ben watching all of the kiddos!

Silly Caden!

Liam having fun with his cousin Caden.


Sweet baby Abram.

Trying to steal Aunt Jessica's coffee!

Doda, Rachel, and Aga

Uncle Ben & Aunt Jess

Uncle Charlie & Lillian

1 comment: