Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ginas Weekend 2008

Just a couple of weeks ago I spent an awesome weekend in Virginia Beach with 6 of my most favorite "ginas" in the world! For the 2nd year in a row I was able to meet up with some of my bestest friends in the world for a girls weekend. We spent 2 nights in Virginia Beach (the doctors said I couldn't travel so the girls were nice enough to come to Virginia for the second year in a row) at Turtle Cay Resort and although we weren't able to spend anytime laying on the beach, we did spend a lot of time talking and catching up and did actually venture out to the beach one morning for a walk on the broadwalk.

In addition to just hanging out and catching up the girls went above and beyond and hosted a baby shower for Baby G during the weekend. This made for such a fun day and they truly went above and beyond with all the party planning. They were kind enough to invite several of my new girl friends from Portsmouth and I had a great time getting to introduce my new friends to my old. It was a lot of fun and I felt very, very loved by everyone there.

With all the craziness that has been going on over the last few months, it was truly a blessing to spend a weekend away with these 6 "ginas". I hated to see the weekend end but with plans already in the works for next year, I know it won't be long until we are all together again.

To my Ginas~ You are each a gift from God and hold a very special place in my heart. No matter what or when you are each always there for me to make me laugh, to be a shoulder to cry on, to tell me to get over myself, to offer advice, to tell me to suck it up, to tell me it will be all be okay, to pray for me and with me, and most of all to love me. I don't know what in the world I would do without you! I love you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment