On Friday, July 18th, Evie was not only kind enough to share her wedding weekend with me but also helped Jess to plan a surprise, "not-so-surprise" baby shower in Sylva. Jess and Evie put together an amazing baby shower luncheon for me and Baby G on Friday afternoon in Sylva, NC. It was such a great surprise to have friends and family there to help us celebrate the upcoming birth of our son especially given the news that we had gotten just a couple of days earlier. With such great planning, Jess and Evie were able to coordinate having lots of family in from all over the country at the shower to help us celebrate.

Rolf's Aunt Karen from Oregon & Cousin Shanna from California
The luncheon was complete with great friends, family, food and 2 ridiculously good cakes that Jess had baked. The first was an edible Coconut Cake made from scratch, my all time favorite and the other a diaper cake that Jess & Evie had spent weeks "cooking"!!
Diaper Cake designed by Jess & Evie
I have seen these online but didn't know that you could actually make one yourself. Rolf was certain that this would be enough diapers to last at least a month but I think it will last about a week, which will definitely come in handy very soon.
In addition to seeing lots of family from out of town, I was able to celebrate with friends from Sylva that I definitely don't get to see often enough. Thanks girls for taking time off on your lunch to come and celebrate with me.

Me & Julie Phillips, a good friend of Rolf's from high school
Again, thank you Jess & Evie for pulling together such an amazing baby shower for us on such a crazy weekend. I am truly blessed to have such amazing sisters-in-law!

The amazing party planners - Jess & Evie
No comments:
Post a Comment