Thursday, October 16, 2008

Once A Year, No Matter What


The first weekend in August I had the most amazing weekend hanging out with one of my most favorite people in the whole world! My bestest friend Rebecca was able to swing one last business meeting on the east coast and made a special stop in Norfolk on her way to DC , so that we could hang out for the weekend. We had been trying to plan a girls weekend for the past year but with both of us being pregnant, her living in Texas and me in Virginia, and with husbands who rarely get a day off planning this trip was proving to be very difficult. However, God had it in his plan for it all to work out and her visit came just when I needed her most.

Rebecca arrived in Norfolk late Friday night and we spent that night as we had many before, up late talking and catching up. The next day we slept in late and then headed off for DC for our much needed girls weekend. We enjoyed a longer than normal drive to DC with stops along the way for Chick-fil-a and frostys (we are both pregnant remember) but never ran out of things to say. In planning our trip, we decided to splurge for the weekend and spent the night at the Ritz-Carlton Tyson's Corner, it helped that we got a really great rate. For us this was the perfect location since it is CONNECTED to the mall! What more can a girl ask for? We had a fun evening shopping for baby clothes, of course, enjoyed a great dinner at Cheesecake Factory (one of our favorites), and then headed back to enjoy the Ritz and rest our tired feet, with cheesecake to go. On Sunday, we headed off to our old stomping ground in Maryland for pedicures at our favorite spa and lunch at our beloved Guapos before for I had to head back to Norfolk.

God has truly blessed me with an amazing friend in Rebecca and I know that no matter how many miles seperate us our friendship will continue to grow strong. Rolf and I both pray that one day our families will be able to be live closer together again. Until then I guess I will settle for weekend trips to visit and look forward to hopefully planning some family vacations in the upcoming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment