This past Wednesday, October 22nd, my mom and I headed up to Philadelphia to be close to Children's Hospital just in case this little guy decided he was ready to make his way into this world. Much to our dismay we were not the only ones with plans to hang out in Philadelphia! The Philadelphia Phillies are playing in the World Series for the first time in 15 years and on Monday prior to heading up to Philly I had a feeling similar to Mary finding that there was "no room in the inn." Seriously, there were no rooms in Philadelphia close to the hospital for us to book for a continuous stay. We ended up booking for 3 nights at one hotel, moving to another way outside of the city for Saturday night, and now we are back in our original hotel until Friday but at least we have a place to lay our heads at night and for that I am very thankful.
I am also very thankful that we made it to 36 weeks!! A couple of days ago we were worried that we might not make it to 36 weeks or to Philadelphia for delivery. On October 15th, I went in for a normal appointment and my doctor decided to check my progress. Much to her surprise and mine I was 1-2 centimeters dialated, about 25% effaced, and the baby's head was engaged, for those of you non-medical folks, this means I was showing signs of early labor. My doctors decided that it would be best to put me on modified bed rest and to take me out of work. This took me by total surprise as it was NOT part of MY plan. I had planned to work up to 37 weeks, head up to Philadelphia on November 2, and then wait for Rolf to finish up a week of cardiology before we were really ready for the baby to come. Well God has another plan for us and you would think that with everything that has happened so far with this pregnancy that we would have learned that this is not about our plans but no. So we spent a week going to the doctor every couple of days to be checked to make sure that things were staying the same and that I was not progressing even further. Saying lots of prayers that the baby stayed same inside until we headed up to Philadelphia.
We are now safe in Philadelphia and are just waiting for Rolf to finish up with his October rotation and head up this way. Thank you to everyone who is reading the blog and praying for us daily. Your prayers are truly a blessing to us. We ask that you continue to pray that the baby will grow strong and stay safe inside until it is his time to be born. Please also pray for the doctors here at CHOP both those that will be there when we deliver and those that will be performing the surgery shortly after delivery.
We are thinking about you and praying with you. Take it easy and get as much rest as possible. You will have lots of help and support once you get back to the Portsmouth area!! We are looking forward to meeting Baby G.
ReplyDelete