Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lending a Helping Hand

"Mom, if you could just help me open this bag I could eat one of these chips with my gaucamole."
Liam is such a sweet boy he is always trying to help out. He especially likes helping me unload the groceries because there is always something new and exciting for him to get into. I worry sometimes that he doesn't have enough toys but he can be so easily entertained by just a simple plastic cup or a coozy or a plastic hanger why spend the money? Does that make me a bad mom? I hope not!!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely not! We donate toys to Goodwill that have never even been played with. We've definitely cut back on the toys we buy, but you can't control what Grandparents buy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY! We have a TON of toys, but we hardly bought any of them. The grandparents will surely take care of any toy voids... and yes, my 1 year old has a house full of toys right now, and what is he doing? Chasing the dog and playing with a toothbrush and a baby hair brush.

    ReplyDelete