Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rolf's 1st Father's Day

Liam and Rolf snuggling on Father's Day morning

I am blessed with an amazing husband who just happens to be a truly amazing Dad, as well. From day one Rolf has been a very active dad, from cleaning pumping supplies and changing just about every diaper possible when we were in the hospital to bathtime and bedtime here at home. Liam absolutely loves Rolf and I fear that my hopes of having a "Mama's boy" are fading fast. As soon as Rolf walks in the door from work Liam starts to kick and squeal with excitement. He reaches out his arms and can't wait to love on his daddy after a long day.

Rolf was post-call on Father's Day so Liam and I were waiting at home with a big breakfast for him when he finally stumbled in the door. After a short nap we spent the afternoon hanging out as a family. Then Liam and I made Rolf his requested Father's Day dinner of fried chicken, country-style green beans, rice, biscuits, and peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert.

Here are a couple of my favorite pics of Rolf and Liam so far:




Happy Father's Day, my love!





1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day Rolf! I love the last picture of you and Liam- so handsome and so sweet!

    Holly- let's keep that meal quiet as I don't think Toby knows you can have so many good things fit on one plate- at least not from his experience with me cooking!!

    ps. what a great outfit Liam! That has to be the great style and taste of your Mom!!

    ReplyDelete